REQUISITION # 19000BWH
The Medtronic International Tax Department in Heerlen, the Netherlands is an integral part of the Global Tax Function, a large and diverse tax group that works closely together and collaborate on a daily basis on projects and initiatives with a global focus. To further strengthen the EMEA Tax Department we are recruiting a talented and experienced Senior Tax Manager with a broad variety of responsibilities within a great team. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve unique challenges. If you are interested in becoming a part of our leading team, please explore our current career opportunity.
As a Senior Tax Manager you will be reporting and providing support to the Tax Director EMEA on all corporate tax matters for all the entities under responsibility in the EMEA region. This position will require delivering technical analysis on various regional and global projects, researching complex tax related matters and work with cross functional stakeholder. This exciting role is situated within a very dynamic environment, right between functions, businesses and geographies with a set of extensive responsibilities that will evolve over time.
Careers that Change Lives
Medtronic offers you a professional, international, dynamic and high quality working environment, where personal and professional development is stimulated and personal initiatives are encouraged. Your Development Plan will challenge you to further develop your personal skills and competencies, to build your career within our global organization.
A Day in the Life
Your responsibilities and daily activities include:
· Providing support to the Tax Director EMEA on all corporate tax matters for all the entities under your responsibility in the EMEA region. Including review and monitoring changes in local tax legislation, rulings, regulations and litigation. Understanding the relevant impact, exploring, recommending and implementing strategies and responsive action to manage existing positions and capture new opportunities.
· Providing support to Tax Director EMEA and Transfer pricing on all income tax queries, income tax audits and relationships with local tax authorities.
· Providing support to the wider Corporate Tax team on all internal quarterly tax reporting matters
· Providing support to local Controllers, ensuring adequacy of tax provisions and deferred income taxes impact for the entities under their responsibility in the region.
· Providing implementation support for any regional or global projects and develop and implement Corporate Tax policies and strategies.
· Supporting and working with the Medtronic Transfer Pricing team in implementing transfer pricing related documentation and agreements.
· Interface and collaborate with various Finance teams
· Collaborate on tax accounting and compliance with oversight on adherence to the organization’s tax policies and objectives.
To be successful in this role you are an ambitious and strong individual with the ability to work with different teams in various cultures, relatively independent to coordinate and work with a variety of stakeholders at various levels in the organization. You will be given freedom to excel and opportunities to develop a challenging career within a very dynamic department.
· Master in International tax, chartered accountant, CTA, CPA or local country equivalent.
· Minimum of 12 years of relevant tax experience handling corporate income taxes
· In-depth understanding of regional tax compliance and planning on a multi-national level with an emphasis on corporate tax matters, including restructurings, mergers & acquisitions.
· Knowledge on Luxembourg ans Swiss taxation is a distinct advantage.
· Good local GAAP and US GAAP working knowledge.
· Team player – ability to work well in a large dynamic environment, give direction and provide review comments effectively.
· Proven history of managing multiple tax projects (including planning, advisory and compliance) with minimal supervision.
· Highly professional with strong work ethic.
· Independent thinker, creative and open minded.
· Energetic with an enthusiastic, detailed oriented and hands-on approach.
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time
· Culturally sensitive and comfortable in international settings.
· Fluency in English a must. Fluency in other languages are a plus.
· Industry experience not required but would be advantageous.
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
Also a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
· 31 holidays;
· Possibility to purchase 8 extra holidays days;
· Flexible working environment;
· Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results;
· Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurances
· Tax advantages on commuting, fitness plan, bicycle plan;
· Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/GetAbstract
· Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program)
· Private Lease possibilities
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 86,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries. With our European Operations Center for Distribution and Shared Services in Heerlen, the Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, our manufacturing facility in Kerkrade, and the Dutch sales office in Eindhoven, Medtronic Netherlands has more than 2,000 employees.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your own career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.