REQUISITION # 19000BDL
The Medtronic European Tax Department in Heerlen, the Netherlands is an integral part of the Global Tax Function, a large and diverse tax group that works closely together and collaborate on a daily basis on projects and initiatives with a global focus. To further strengthen the EMEA Tax Department we are recruiting a talented and energetic Senior Tax Accountant with a broad variety of responsibilities within a dynamic team. This position will require delivering technical analysis on various regional and global projects, researching complex tax related issues and work with cross functional stakeholders.
Careers that Change Lives
Medtronic’s EMEA tax group consists of advisory, transfer pricing & strategy team, located in the Netherlands. Medtronic is looking for an Senior Tax Accountant who will strengthen the EMEA Tax team based in Medtronic’s office in Heerlen, Netherlands. Reporting to the EMEA Tax Manager, this role will focus on CIT advisory, planning, audit & project work (including supporting M&A and joint venture type projects).
A Day in the Life
As a Senior Tax Accountant you will deal with CIT planning in multiple EMEA jurisdictions (~30 countries), work on many different types of projects & have regular interaction with business, supply chain and finance staff as you help them solve their CIT issues and monitor compliance related matters.
Your responsibilities and daily activities include:
· Support CIT planning, advisory, audit & project work across EMEA
· Support CIT audits and controversy in the EMEA region
· Support integration activities
· Support on review and monitor Medtronic Tax position in the EMEA region
· Support on requests by EMEA country controllers technical tax considerations
To be successful in this role you are an ambitious and strong individual with the ability to work with different teams in various cultures, relatively independent to coordinate and work with a variety of stakeholders at various levels in the organization. You will be given a sense of freedom to excel and opportunities to develop a challenging career within a very dynamic department.
· Master’ s degree in International Tax Law or Tax accounting
· 5 -7 years of relevant experience in Tax in a Big four consulting firm, Tax law firm, government or in a multinational corporation.
· Fluent in English and one other European language (oral & written)
· Extensive knowledge of European/International Tax law.
· Experience of multinational companies with complex product & service supply chain structures is preferred.
· Be proactive and eager to learn
· Good accounting understanding,
· Great knowledge of Office tools’ Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc
· Experience in an international and multicultural environment
The ideal candidate likes to learn more on a variety of Tax matters, is a real team player, proactive and has excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
Also a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
· 31 holidays;
· Possibility to purchase 8 extra holidays days;
· Flexible working environment;
· Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results;
· Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurances
· Tax advantages on commuting, fitness plan, bicycle plan;
· Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/GetAbstract
· Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program)
· Private Lease possibilities
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 86,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries. With our European Operations Center for Distribution and Shared Services in Heerlen, the Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, our manufacturing facility in Kerkrade, and the Dutch sales office in Eindhoven, Medtronic Netherlands has more than 2,000 employees.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your own career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.