Booking.com, part of Booking Holdings (previously the Priceline Group) listed at NASDAQ, is Planet Earth’s #1 Accommodation Site. Every day, more than 1.5 million room nights are reserved through our website. We are growing rapidly, innovating our business and shaping the OTA industry.
Due to the ongoing development of new Booking.com products (i.e. adding other travel related products on our platform) and global tax and transfer pricing regulation changes, we are looking for additional expertise to grow our transfer pricing team. The main focus of this position is managing all tax matters related to transfer pricing for Booking.com, including the compliance with tax regulation in all countries where we operate as a business, other tax related items and the relationships with the company’s tax advisors. You will be part of the international Finance team of Booking.com (approx. 400 professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam).
As a Tax Manager Transfer Pricing you will work for Booking.com in Amsterdam (Booking.com’s headquarters), where our entire tax department sits. You will report directly into the Senior Tax Manager Transfer Pricing. The tax department currently consists of 19 persons, responsible for various disciplines (CIT, TP, VAT and Tax Accounting).
The role involves interaction with our entire tax team, our parent company (Booking Holdings based in Norwalk, Connecticut), other brands in the Booking Holdings group, our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have excellent, social, management and communication skills in English.
Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur. The role requires travelling.
· Monitor and maintain transfer pricing- and other tax compliance across the business;
· Support in planning strategies;
· Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within the group;
· Ensure compliancy with local rules and regulations;
· Project/coordination responsibilities;
· Answer daily ad-hoc tax issues, this can also be in the area of CIT, VAT, Wage Tax, WHT;
· Coordinate the work of our tax advisors;
· Interface with outside advisors to manage Booking.com’s international structure.
· University or other high level degree in Tax Economics/Law/Business Administration or similar degree, preferably;
· 5-10 years of working experience in Transfer Pricing within a big 4 and/or international environment;
· Combination of experience with tax compliance/accounting/treasury is preferred;
· Excellent knowledge of the International tax regulation.
· Self starter, flexible, energetic, passionate, self-motivated, and results-oriented professional;
· Accurate, able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast turnaround environment;
· Ability to think strategically, multi-task, and work effectively and efficiently with minimum direction;
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management;
· Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously;
· Organized, proactive and common sense;
· Ability to be a hands-on deliverer;
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English;
· Social and a team player;
· Willingness to travel.