Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide.
For our CORPORATE OFFICE located in BUDEL we are currently seeking a / an: Tax Accounting and Tax Compliance Manager
· Tax accrual process, i.e. ensure correctness of tax provisions and balance sheet positions
· Preparation of tax paragraph in (consolidated) financial statements, including review by and discussion with external auditor
· Assess impact of changes to IFRS on the tax provisions and balance sheets positions
· Preparation and submission corporate income tax returns for group companies
· Ensure that tax payments are made within the set deadlines
· Assist in tax audits
· Monitor & control of worldwide transfer pricing obligations
· Assist with preparation of transfer pricing documentation
· Other ad-hoc duties when required
· Higher Professional Education (‘HBO’ in Dutch) or University degree in accounting fiscal economics
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in corporate tax and tax accounting & reporting
· Ideally a couple of years in-house experience in a similar role
· Good understanding of accounting concepts and processes, including IAS12 and IFRIC 23
· Experience in providing & explaining tax guidance to non-tax professionals
· Strong Communication (verbal and written skills, fluent in business English)
· Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills including how to collect relevant data from systems and use them for the delivery of solutions
· Ability to constantly (re)prioritize and get things done
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Microsoft Office knowledge with strong skills in Excel is required
· SAP knowledge is desirable
· Head of Tax
· Financial controller
· Local tax authorities
· External auditors
· External tax advisors
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.