Job Reference SOL00298
Solenis is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, bio refining, power, and municipal markets. The company’s product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company operates 41 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of 5,200 professionals in 120 countries across five continents.
Tax Specialist EMEA
Location: Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
Department: Finance, Tax department
About the role
As Solenis continues to grow and expand, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented team member to join the EMEA Tax Team in Capelle aan den IJssel. The position will report to the EMEA Tax Manager and will be working closely with the rest of the tax and finance teams as well as various other stakeholders in EMEA and in the US.
The ideal candidate has a strong fit with Solenis values and culture, can collaborate well across the organization and has a hands-on mentality. This role will have a focus on tax compliance and reporting, transfer pricing matters and (cross-functional) projects in EMEA.
Duties & Responsibilities
As Tax Specialist EMEA your main responsibilities will be:
· Contribute to monitoring tax compliance and reporting processes to ensure timely and accurate preparation and filing of tax returns, estimates and extensions;
· Support with the preparation and/or review of US GAAP income tax provisions;
· Provide support with EMEA tax audits, including coordination of information flows to and from the Finance team and local tax advisors as applicable;
· Provide support with Solenis’ global and local transfer pricing documentation, including analysis of cross-border intercompany transactions;
· Work with the EMEA and US tax team on tax planning projects and cross-functional projects, and collaborate with the broader tax and finance teams;
· Keep updated with regards to changes that impact tax within Solenis, research (complex) tax issues, prepare technical memos and inform fellow team members and other stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
· Master Degree in Tax Law or Fiscal Economics;
· 3-5 years of relevant working experience in an international tax advisory practice or as an in-house tax specialist of an international company;
· Strong knowledge of corporate income tax and withholding tax across the EMEA region;
· Strong numerical understanding, analytical skills with detail orientation;
· Affinity and basic knowledge of Transfer Pricing (BEPS);
· Fluent in English both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of any other language(s) is a plus;
· Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Working knowledge of SAP is a plus;
· Ability to work independently and proactively and handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
· Team player, service minded, flexible, enthusiastic, informal, perseverant, able to find solutions; and
· Unimpeachable integrity.
Salary & Benefits
· A broad in-house tax position in a challenging international work environment which is continuously developing;
· On the job learning and developing as part of a committed international (tax) team;
· A full-time job; and
· Secondary benefits like an annual performance related bonus, collective healthcare insurance and pension premium contribution.