For our site in Amsterdam (Netherlands) we are currently looking for a Sr Manager Tax EMEA (m/f/d)
You will be part of Celanese European tax team, and will manage the European Corporate Income tax impacts of tax strategy initiatives, investment, and divestment strategies and tax reporting for key European jurisdictions. This person will report to the Director Tax & Finance, EMEA
Tax planning projects:
· Manage tax planning projects from a corporate income, real estate transfer, and dividend withholding tax with close collaboration with Business, Finance, Treasury and Legal
· Identify optimal tax solutions for business strategies;
· Liaise with outside consultants;
· Work with outside tax consultants on tax rulings and tax planning projects;
· Be current on developments in European tax reforms and analyze with consultants the impact for Celanese, including identifying future tax opportunities and tax exposures, based on proposed amendments in tax legislation.
Tax reporting and Tax compliance
· Support the Global tax reporting team on the quarterly tax provisions by closely working with outside consultants to ensure timely compliance with CE quarterly and annual filing deadlines ;
Manage timely filing corporate income tax returns across Europe, working with outside consultants on timing and deadlines and insuring timely communication of adjustments to Global tax reporting team
· Work with global tax and EU tax leadership on tax controversy and defense for our European business units
Support global tax planning strategies:
· Interact with global tax team on tax planning strategies, e.g. restructurings, loan optimization, legal entity reduction, in order to reduce the global tax expense and outside consultants fees, including managing the European tax implications of tax strategy projects;
· Provide Global tax team “on the ground” support for global tax initiatives-work with local teams to provide the Global tax team the required data/documentation;
· Support the necessary compliance for global tax strategies (obtaining tax residency certificates/change fiscal years etc.);
· Manage European tax implication of M&A initiatives, both pre- and post-closing integration as well as optimization of acquisition of finance structures;
· Maintenance and review related to the company’s supply chain principal structure – monitoring compliance with protocols, assisting with internal reviews and providing relevant data for related tax examinations;
Manage Global Transfer Pricing projects:
· Work together with global transfer pricing team to prepare the necessary transfer pricing documentation, with regard to tangible products, (financial) services, and extraordinary transactions.
· Work together with Global Transfer Pricing Team implementing transfer pricing strategies.
· Work with Transfer Pricing team monitor functionality with the transfer pricing policy
· University degree with at least 7 years’ of professional experience in tax planning within a big 4 firm or in global industry firm;
· Team player
· Strong technical corporate income tax knowledge, including strong knowledge of potential tax implications related to restructuring.
· Experience with US GAAP tax provision reporting for foreign operations
· Technical experience related to tax compliance filings and associated defense
· Good conceptual understanding of OECD tax treaty network;
· English business fluent
· Strong numerical and analytical skills
· Attention to accuracy, and ability to work under time pressure while balancing multiple tasks.
· Strong communication and analytical skills
· Proactive attitude,
· German tax knowledge is preferred