At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
AES collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR
International Tax Manager, Eurasia
The regional headquarters in Amsterdam supports the generation businesses and development activities across Europe and Asia by providing strategic oversight, operational & finance expertise. The team offers technical help, legal advice, strategic, financial analysis, business planning, sourcing, and public relations advice to the businesses and serves as a liaison with the AES Corporate Headquarters in the US.
We are seeking International Tax Manager who will be part of our Eurasia Governance & Tax team and will be involved for the various businesses in Eurasia and our holding companies in the Netherlands in corporate income tax structuring, management of the tax compliance process and the quarterly tax accounting process.
The role reports to the Director Eurasia Tax, Governance and Strategic Planning.
· Provide tax advice and support to our businesses in Eurasia and our holding companies in the Netherlands
· Assist with the management and implementation of our transfer pricing policy in various businesses
· Manage and coordinate Dutch tax compliance process
· Support and assist in the quarterly ASC 740 process
· Support and assist in tax audits in Eurasia
· Advise and assist in acquisitions, divestments and development activities
· Advise and assist in corporate restructurings
· Work closely with other departments and Eurasia finance functions
· Liaise with tax colleagues in other Strategic Business Units
· Liaise with external advisors
· Approximately 5-6 years’ experience in Dutch and international corporate income tax in consultancy (preferably from Big 4) or industry (preferably from major international company)
· University degree in fiscal law or fiscal economics
· Strong analytical and numeric skills
· Good overview of international tax landscape
· Demonstrate agility
· Knowledge of US GAAP and ASC 740 is considered an advantage
· Knowledge of VAT is considered an advantage
· Ability to communicate technical tax issues in layman’s terms
· Ability to work well in teams and also be self-motivated
· Ability to multi-task and to take on new projects at short notice
· Detail oriented but also able to keep the overall objective in mind
· Strong computer skills: proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point
· Good communication skills in English are required, both written and verbal
We are the energy that improves the lives of over 100 million people through the many benefits that come with electricity.
Create an extraordinary future.
AES people raise the quality of life in communities around the world – from bringing electricity to rural communities in El Salvador for the first time, to engineering battery storage that makes a clean energy future possible. That’s a 24/7 responsibility, so we work like a 10,500-person start-up – all in, full-on, in small, hyper-connected teams of people from different divisions, specialties and cultures.
We recognize and reward contribution from anyone, anywhere. The only limit to our influence and impact is our own commitment. We measure our careers by the difference we make to our communities, colleagues and families. So we care as much about how we act as what we do, at work and in life. We don’t just work at AES. We work for AES. We are AES.