Indirect Tax Expert
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Coordinate Indirect Tax and compliance processes within organization, perform VAT activities required by corporate directives and policies and support internal/external audits.
You are responsible for
· Indirect Tax activities required by corporate directives and policies.
· Indirect Tax review and approval for assigned countries.
· Supervision and support of the employees of External Service Provider in the area of VAT.
· Ongoing cooperation with the Head of Indirect Tax EMEA and Country Chief Accountant in terms of preparing documentation for tax audits.
· Cooperation with external and internal counter parties within VAT function.
· Support of internal and external audits.
· The free of charge disposal for VAT purposes. Sending of the Intrastat reports to the relevant authorities.
· Monitor the performance of external service provided guides and takes corrective actions. Support audits with documents and processes descriptions.
· Executes Internal Controls over Indirect Tax process.
You are a part of
Philips Accounting Operations (AccOps) Indirect Tax organization. With focus on designated countries you will be reporting directly to Indirect Tax Team Lead.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· University degree in Finance or equivalent is required.
· At least 3 years of progressive work experience in managing VAT compliance on a country level.
· Up to standard knowledge of VAT directive.
· SAP knowledge (FI, CO module) is a must.
· Fluent communication skills in English (both oral and written) is required. Other European languages are welcome.
· Knowledge of/ expertise in internal controls, SOx, controlling, project management, administrative organization.
· IFRS knowledge will be an asset.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and organize workload, multi-task is essential.
· Effective in influencing and collaborating (courageous discussions) with colleagues from various disciplines and cultures.
· Highly developed analytical capabilities, with a strong business and customer sense.
· Effective listening and communication skills, highly developed interpersonal skills.
· Proactive and hands on attitude, goal oriented and perseverant.
· Able to drive change in processes to bring organizations in line with harmonized wow and or legal requirements.
· Structured working style with eye for detail and hidden risks.
· Team oriented and process driven.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its financial capabilities enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Embrace the unexpected
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while transforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
For U.S. applicants only: As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.