Job reference: R-039209
Finance continues to drive AstraZeneca’s Bold Ambition and driving the delivery of the company’s strategic priorities. Providing valuable data, analytics and insights will not only support growth but enable the science to make effective decisions and identify market opportunities. Our mission is ambitious, and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
The creation of the Integrated Finance Solutions (IFS) centres in Warsaw (Poland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and San Jose (Costa Rica) will transform the AZ middle office to a central function, supporting the business regions through simplification, standardisation across the globe, and a structure that will enable the bold ambition of becoming a $50bn company by 2025.
We now have a number of opportunities based in the Warsaw IFS Centre for Business Analysts to support our new IFS Tax Delivery Team.
Business Analyst – Tax Delivery Team will be part of a team of analysts delivering global tax processes, and in particular, Operational Transfer Pricing. This is a new team which is dedicated to supporting global Transfer Pricing Operations through newly developed standard processes and an innovative technology platform.
Working daily with Group Tax colleagues, you will deliver all aspects of accounting information necessary to execute transfer pricing compliance. You will rapidly gain transfer pricing tax compliance and operations experience, in a rapidly developing area of tax, across a range of jurisdictions. The role requires an enthusiastic individual with a strong accounting capability, a commercial mindset and interest in learning about AZ’s business.
The IFS Tax Delivery Team will interface with the Group Tax team, IFS colleagues, CFOs/Finance Business Partners and 3rd Party outsource providers.
· Data: responsible for validation of source data, maintenance of data standards and templates used in the transfer pricing process
· Price setting: perform calculations to determine the system proposed prospective process and review of calculations to determine amendments. Manage review and approval process with Group Tax and Local Markets. Maintenance of price lists
· Adjustments: review data and variance analysis to identify and action potential errors and work closely with stakeholders to resolve
· Understand cost charging model and derive, apply and maintain allocation rules for Group Tax review, make the necessary adjustments to enable Group Tax, Treasury, local CFOs etc. to sign off
· Support Group Tax with information for ad hoc requests, including significant tax transactions or tax audits.
· Manage Operational Transfer Pricing and Global Tax Audit processes, escalate & resolve issues
· Engage with Finance Functions and IT, targeting data and process improvements
· Deliver process excellence, governance and controls
· Support Global Tax and Finance Transformation initiatives
· Work collaboratively with the outsource provider and other Finance stakeholders.
A passion for customers, self-motivation and a commitment to team work are key. The role is an excellent development opportunity, as it is a new team working with bespoke tax processes and supported by dedicated technology. You will be supported and encouraged to develop and expand your skills and capabilities. Experience of tax, particularly transfer pricing is welcome but not essential.
· Qualified accountant with at least two years’ experience.
· Experience of working with SAP.
· Strong accounting skills.
· Strong data and analytical skills, and ability to use accounting systems effectively.
· Organisational and process management capability, process improvement mindset.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tax compliance events.
· Experience of working in an international organisation, including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally.
· Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams.
· English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to colleagues with a non-financial background.
· Tax knowledge is not required but welcomed
· Excellent Excel skills.
· Proactive, results oriented and independent collaborator.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Team player.
· Ability to work Independently.
· Communication skills.
Other role requirements:
· Schedule flexibility to work on holidays when necessary.
· Flexibility and ability to travel and work in another AZ facilities outside the country when necessary.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.