Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
The GDBS is a multi-functional shared service center that handles Diageo-wide transactions across the globe. It plays a key role in delivering effective and efficient solutions for Diageo businesses adapting to changing business needs while maintaining strong control environment.
GDBS Europe Financial Control team provides financial analysis type of activities predominantly to Europe market including reporting, analysis, planning.
Purpose of the role:
The role is based in Warsaw and playing essential role to ensure a smooth process for tax audits and to ensure to be tax compliant in Poland.
· VAT compliance, support the Market Tax Lead in the validation of prepared VAT returns and VAT related BS accounts
· CIT compliance, support the preparation of tax computations and returns
· General Ledger reconciliation, preparation of quarterly reconciliations for tax related BS accounts
· Transfer Pricing, support the preparation of the annual TP documentations
· WHT compliance, support the Market Tax Lead in the validation of WHT documents
· Other indirect taxes, preparation of daily excise duty reconciliation
What you need to be successful in this role:
· University/College degree in finance/accounting
· Fluent English and Polish language knowledge
· Experience in the relevant area, working with tax related queries
· Strong Excel knowledge
· Big four experience is an advantage
· SAP FI/CO knowledge is an advantage
· Proactivity and strong communication skills
· Team player, with the ability to work independently
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
What’s in it for you?
· Possibility to work in a global, multicultural team in dynamic environment
· Opportunity to use your tax experience and improve processes
· Learning opportunities and professional challenges
· Global career opportunities
· 12 months fixed -term contract
Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)
As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of everyday celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition? We want to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world.
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here. It took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world. Today, nothing’s changed.
We’re proud to be more than 30,000 talented people. While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. In fact, we’re helping to define their career growth through stretching roles and exciting development opportunities.
Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives, wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment, where everyone can flourish.