Reference Number PL68792305_E1
Job type: Full-Time
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. One of our key ambitions is to get faster and leaner, and to move closer to the customer. Therefore we are consolidating our internal services into a world-class Global Business Services (GBS) organization, with the largest center located in Krakow. To strengthen our Transactional Tax team, we are looking for a self-driven Senior Specialist with a process improvement approach. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new GBS center and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
· Operational tasks: you ensure VAT, income tax (CIT) and withholding tax (WHT) transactional compliance and reporting; prepare tax returns filling in various jurisdictions on a timely manner; research and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings; initiate tax solutions increasing automation and quality of tax fillings; support in tax audits and ad hoc matters, if any; identify deficiencies and synergies in indirect and direct tax compliance and reporting processes and solution between countries and initiate improvements; support automation and improvements of accounting / booking processes from perspective of tax requirements; design reports supporting VAT, CIT and WHT part of electronic tax audit file requirements; design and retrieve statistics supporting managing VAT, income and withholding tax positions
· Continuous improvement: you assist in developing and implementing processes and procedures, and continuously optimize to gain efficiency and drive productivity gains; you drive new implementations and process improvements, and foster knowledge sharing
· Stakeholder management: you support the management with financial aspects of project funding and risk assessment, resolve problems and difficult issues by implement new solutions
· Development of others: you support the development of more junior colleagues by acting as SME for the assigned area
· Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business
· Minimum 7 years of experience in Transactional Tax area, preparing international tax declarations
· Knowledge of European tax law (direct and/ or indirect tax)
· Experience in the transfer of tax processes from European countries to global shared service centers
· Practical knowledge of ERP system (SAP, Oracle)
· Good user knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel skills (functions, pivot table)
· Advanced business English
· Process orientation and attention on details
· Very good organization and coordination skills
· Ability to work in team with deadlines and stress situations
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
· Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
· Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
· Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
· Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
· Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
· Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.