A. Reporting Relationship
The Statutory &Tax Senior accountant will report to the Finance Director. He / She will collaborate with our shared service and tax service provider to deliver the assigned objectives.
B. Job Objective
The Statutory &Tax Senior accountant manage all general tax and accounting activities.
Details of duties are listed below.
C. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Monitor, analyze and review all accounting transactions including invoice processing, treasury, fixed assets, master data management including month-end closing (trial balance analysis, accruals review, approval of journal entries etc.) with the support of the Colgate-Palmolive shared service and tax service provider , to ensure the full compliance with Romanian statutory and tax regulations
2. Provide accounting insights and help cross-functional team members to resolve accounting related problems and to ensure the full compliance with Romanian tax regulation for company spending ( i.e sponsorship contracts, donation and charities , VAT deductibility etc)
3. Perform quarterly profit tax reconciliation , provide the tax estimate in line with company business plan projections
4. Operational accounting support:
- Coordinate payment requests for expense reports, taxes, customs duties, expedited vendor payments , reconcile credit cards and petty cash transactions,
- Review transactions booked to ensure the VAT tax codes are applied correctly and adequate supporting documents are attached
- Assisting the CBS with invoice tax and cost center coding, when necessary
- Tracking and reconciling free goods given out to shoppers or during company educational campaigns to ensure the full compliance and tax optimization
- Review coding of vendor invoices not supported by purchase orders
5. Lead and coordinate document requests and communication during annual external audit , fiscal audits and periodic internal audit engagements
6. Work closely with shared service team and tax service provider to complete Gaap/Corporate accounting reporting assigned to the local team.
7. Support an monitor tax service/payroll providers to prepare statutory and tax required reporting (Profit Tax calculation, VAT, INS, BNR etc.) , ensure fiscal balance with tax authorities is up to date
8. Perform relevant U.S. Sarbanes Oxley (“SOX”) internal control tests and certification in line with the Colgate-Palmolive company policies
D. Required competencies
Comfortable working in a corporate environment, including day to day operations and functional activities
· Have interpersonal skills which will enable her/him create a network of contacts
· Contribute to teamwork by collaborating with the sales, marketing, legal and the human resources departments
· Analytical skills are a must for the position
· Adaptable and committed to company policies and goals
· Experience in an International audit company or top Romanian accounting firm is a big plus
· Proactive and energetic
E. Education and Experience required
· University/Master degree in Finance/Accounting
· National accounting certification is a plus
· Minimum 5 years of similar position
· Proficiency in ERP ( ie SAP ) systems is a plus
· Proficiency in English language and computer literacy are a must (particularly Microsoft Excel) with the ability to learn new systems
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.