Starting with a single train journey from Leicester to Loughborough in 1841, we’ve grown into a travel company that’s constantly thinking about new and innovative ways to take you places: not just on holiday, but in your career too.
Whether you dream of working abroad or want to help create the next marketing campaign, there’s a range of roles across our retail stores, head office, Thomas Cook Airlines and far beyond. From Product Managers to pilots, there’s one thing we all have in common: keeping the customer at our heart.
With a team of over 22,000 colleagues, operating across 15 countries, the opportunities are endless, whether you’ve worked in travel before or are looking to start a new adventure today.
Job purpose: Working within the Group Finance Shared Services team the Tax Transfer Pricing Team will provide a service of tax administration to the Thomas Cook Group and Segments, focusing on data collection, analysis and reporting.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
· Preparation of summaries of inter-company transactions identifying service types, counterparts, pricing, amounts invoiced and consistency with underlying inter-company agreements
· Preparation of trend analysis to explain volumes and variances
· Collation of inter-company agreements supporting inter-company transactions and devising/maintaining a searchable repository
· Initial preparation of transfer pricing-compliant annual country reports explaining inter-company transactions.
· Work with local tax and reporting teams to gain information
· Process and collating procedure documented for review and approval on a monthly/quarterly basis by others in the SSC tax team.
Skills, know-how and experience:
· Excellent English language skills
· Previous Tax experience
· Knowledge of accounting procedures
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with ability to work effectively at all levels and with adherence to Thomas Cook values
· Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders
· Conscientious and methodical approach to work with ability to adapt to a wide range of situations.
· Ability to understand inter-company agreements
· Flexibility to travel, predominantly to the UK (London), Sweden (Stockholm) and Germany (Oberursel)
· German language
· Understanding of transfer pricing principles
Technical / professional qualifications:
· Working Knowledge of most Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Sharepoint)
· Educated to at least secondary school (E.S.O.) level or above
· Organizing and prioritizing workload according guidelines fixed by Team Manager/Supervisor
· Ability to communicate with TC Group colleagues and key stakeholders
· Fulfilment of agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
· Contribution to process improvements across the department
· Achieve performance objectives agreed with assigned Team Manager/Supervisor
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.