We are looking for a new member that will join the tax team, focusing on indirect tax. You are passionate about indirect tax and would like to be part of a fast growing company in a global and ever changing environment where the indirect tax regulations constantly evolves.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
· You will be responsible for preparing indirect tax returns in several Spotify jurisdictions.
· Analyse periodical data and transactions to ensure correct reporting.
· Assist with data gathering and analysis in tax audits and internal audits.
· Review data and processes for transaction types and provide input on potential improvements from an indirect tax perspective.
· Provide analysis on uncertain tax positions related to indirect taxes
· Keep updated on the development of Indirect Taxes rules and regulations in countries where Spotify is conducting its business
· Have contact and provide support to external compliance service providers and liaise with external indirect tax advisers as well as statutory auditors on indirect tax matters
· Build and maintain close relationship with colleagues in Finance as well as across the business
· Although this role is focused on compliance and data, you will be engaged in many different indirect tax matters. You will cover indirect tax in all Spotify’s jurisdictions (exclusive of the Americas)
Who you are:
· Relevant education, such as, lawyer, CPA, economist, or education from tax administration
· Experience in global or pan-european indirect tax compliance
· VAT law and technical knowledge
· Accounting skills and experience
· Experience in reconciliation of transactional tax accounts
· Excellent communication skills in order to distil complex tax concepts into easily comprehensible subject matter for non-tax colleagues.
· Experience with financial systems (ERP, consolidation tools and management reporting tools – Spotify uses Netsuite )
· Strong skills in the Microsoft Office and or the Google suite including the ability to prepare robust Excel models and the ability to learn new software platforms
· Open, honest, accurate and willing to dig in
· Deep desire to perform with the best and drive constant improvement
· Intellectually curious and eager to learn and develop every day
· Not afraid to challenge colleagues (regardless of level) in a constructive manner, always with the best solution for Spotify in mind
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.