Reference Code 57541
About Swiss Re
This is your opportunity to join Swiss Re Group - one of the world's leading wholesale providers of reinsurance, insurance and other innovative forms of insurance-based risk transfer. Our business at Swiss Re is about understanding and analysing the major risks that concern the world - from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. We combine experience with expertise and innovative thinking to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. And we enable the risk-taking essential to enterprise and progress. This is only possible with around 10,000 truly exceptional Swiss Re people across our group worldwide.
About the role
You will be a member of Group Tax, specifically providing support to the Head of DACH Tax (Switzerland, Germany and Liechtenstein) relating to Swiss tax matters. You will manage the Swiss tax reporting function, provide Swiss tax advice to our stakeholders on a daily basis, review the assigned compliance work and manage tax audits. You will work closely together with other members of the DACH team, the regional and global tax teams within Group Tax, Finance and other colleagues across the Group. In particular:
Managing the quarterly Swiss tax reporting function:
· Working as part of a cross-border team, the succesful candidate will be responsible for managing the quarterly Swiss tax reporting function for both US GAAP and Economic Value Management ("EVM").
· This includes advising the Swiss tax team and the Group Tax Reporting team relating to the positions taken, providing support and solutions to issues, management and improvement of processes and tax reporting templates and review and oversight of tax reporting work.
· Implementation of tax changes relating to the US GAAP and EVM reporting framework for the Swiss carriers in collaboration with Group Tax Reporting team.
· Provide tax reporting advice in relation to ongoing transactions relating to Swiss carriers.
· Management of projection of Effective Tax Rate ("ETR") on a monthly basis reflecting contributions from other tax teams.
Act as center of excellence for Swiss tax matters:
· Provide Swiss tax advice to our stakeholders on a daily basis.
· Provide Swiss tax advice with regard to strategic projects and large transactions.
· Identify and implement tax optimization opportunities.
· Assess new legislation and case law for applicability to the Swiss Re Group and communicate changes and related potential impacts to the business. Provide support in lobbying initiatives.
· Communicate key tax issues clearly and concisely to non-tax specialists.
· Identify and evaluate tax risks within the Group, ensuring effective risk management processes are operated and reported.
· Support in liaison and relationship with various tax authority bodies.
· Build key relationships with business stakeholders and provide pragmatic tax advice.
Managing of tax audits and compliance work:
· Manage and review corporate income tax compliance for select Swiss carriers in collaboration with the Group Tax Operations team.
· Managing corporate income tax audits for select Swiss carriers.
· Provide tax trainings to Group Tax Operations team and stakeholders.
· Other tasks, including wider DACH and Group Tax support
About the team
The DACH Tax Team is located in Switzerland and Germany and is responsible for all Swiss, German and Liechtenstein tax matters. The team provides advice and guidance on day-to-day basis and in specific transactions and strategic projects. The DACH Tax Team closely collaborates with other regional and global tax team members and with business functions.
· Strong tax accounting know how and expertise [US GAAP or IFRS] / willingness to learn.
· Swiss tax advisory background.
· Swiss certified tax expert.
· 5 to 8 years of work experience (preferably in Big4 or financial industry).
· Strong organizational skills, able to plan and organize own workload.
· Strong technical and analytical skills.
· Ability to communicate confidently, concisely, and effectively with business partners, tax colleagues, tax authorities and auditors.
· Ability to build and maintain a network within the Swiss Re Group and successfully manage stakeholders.
· Fluency in German and English.
· Acts professionally and is able to provide and receive constructive feedback well
· A good team player.
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· Ability to implement ideas, bring projects to conclusion and take direct responsibility for the team's work.