Job ID: 3226BR
Kuoni Global Travel Services is a longstanding global leader in group travel services. United by a common purpose of ‘We live and love travel’, the focus of the business is on two areas: Group Travel and MICE (meeting, incentives, conferences and events).
Group Travel: Kuoni Group Travel Experts is a B2B organisation that provides bespoke packaged tours for leisure and incentive groups. We partner with retail and wholesale travel agents worldwide to create itineraries, reserve product inventory, provide ground support, and work behind the scenes to manage every part of a tour from hotel and restaurant bookings to sightseeing and guides. We excel in giving group travelers from over 50 countries a great taste of European and worldwide destinations.
Global MICE: This division curates unique and creative meetings, events, incentives and congresses/conventions for clients in Europe and North America, trading under the Kuoni Destination Management, Kuoni Congress, and Conference & Touring brands. Kuoni Destination Management Europe and Conference & Touring also provide a full range of ground handling services for many of the world’s leading ocean and river cruise lines.
Our origins date back to 1906 when Alfred Kuoni first entered the travel business allowing groups of people to discover unknown places. Today, Kuoni Global Travel Services remains headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland with 2,500 employees across 35 countries.
Head of Tax and Transfer Pricing
This role reports into CFO and works closely with other internal and external stakeholders such as Regional Heads of Finance, Treasury, Accounting, Controlling, Sales and Tax Authorities.
· Ensuring statutory tax compliance in all jurisdictions that the company operates in
· Ensuring that transfer pricing documentation is sufficient to address future tax audits
· Pro-actively approaching local country organizations and affiliated companies and ensuring that all relevant tax matters have been addressed and properly managed
· Pro-actively building up and managing the relationships to the various internal stakeholders, providing value added services to them
· Provide effective risk management system and reporting for key tax exposures and governance of respective areas in close cooperation with Corporate Accounting and regional Finance
· Acting as an internal advisor in tax matters, especially in projects that the group is considering such as mergers, acquisitions, divestments or business restructuring
Knowledge, skills and experience
· Bachelor/Master degree (or equivalent) in accounting is required
· Swiss tax expert diploma (or equivalent) or completed education is a must
· Strong background in international corporate tax management, ideally gained from consulting, or, in an in-house tax position in an international business environment is required
· In-depth knowledge of tax regulations/laws
· Strong practical and theoretical background in all tax matters with specific competencies in VAT and transfer-pricing matters would be an advantage
· Experience in a services and/or travel industry is a plus
· Good understanding of main business processes and strategic issues
· Knowledge of IFRS including tax reporting is desirable
· Fluency in English and German is required. Any additional language is a plus
As a person you:
· Are a young professional seeking to boost your professional career
· Have a high degree of self-initiative and responsibility, problem solving skills
· Are analytical, systematic, results and team-oriented
· Have ability to cope with high speed, high pressure and complex environments
If you are matching those requirements and are interested in a new challenge, we are looking forward to receiving your full application (incl. cover letter) via our online recruiting tool.
Please note that we consider only direct applicants for this role.
Senior HR Advisor
Removal Date: 10 February 2018