Indirect Tax Specialist EME (Switzerland)
This position is an integral part of the European tax team, and member of the global Chiquita tax team. The incumbent has direct responsibility and will be the main point of contact for the indirect tax management (VAT, Eco-tax, etc) in the Europe and Middle East region.
· Responsible for preparing and/or arranging for the timely submission of all VAT returns together with other VAT compliance related matters for the European entities of the group
· Responsible for preparing VAT reconciliations
· Assist in ensuring VAT efficiency of supply chain
· Assist in evaluating and in the implementation VAT processes for existing and new business lines
· Assisting in managing international tax authorities enquiries and VAT related controversy and draft responses
· Ad hoc VAT planning and project work
· Responsible for the Eco-taxes compliance
· Assist (high level) with issues related to Custom duties.
Profile / Education
· 5 years of VAT experience (Big4 Experience is a plus)
· Exposure to VAT in multiple European countries and with cross-border transactions;
· University degree in Accounting or Law (advanced degree, CPA, LLM or equivalent desirable)
· Solutions driven allied to an excellent work ethic
· Capability to work in a demanding environment and with deadlines
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication.
Language skills: English is a requirement, any other EU language will be considered a plus
Chiquita Brands International Sarl
With a workforce on five continents, our employees possess diverse skills, education, talents and interests. Our people provide the expertise and enthusiasm —Chiquita provides big opportunities. Together , we're one of the world's best-known and most-loved brands.
At Chiquita, we take great pride in having a flat organizational structure in which our employees drive our business with unmatched entrepreneurial spirit. When you work at Chiquita, you’re an important part of our global effort to improve the world’s nutrition with healthy, fresh foods.
Our leadership is accessible for their expertise and support, but it is our employees who drive our business. As a result of the high level of responsibility and expectations put on employees at all levels, Chiquita employees are passionate about their work. They enjoy collaborating with other people around the globe on initiatives that directly impact our products, our brand and our company.