Req No.: 956886
Indirect Tax Manager
“I want to achieve great things and I want them to be noticed”
Nestrade S.A., Vevey, Switzerland
Undefined period of time, 100%
Nestrade supports Nestlé operating companies in their quest to delight consumers, by providing them with integrated trading solutions in a professional & cost effective manner while offering a platform for business development.
In the role of Indirect Tax Manager, you provide indirect tax support & advice as well as ensure overall VAT compliance.
· Train and provide indirect tax support & advice to Finance, Operations, Shared service centers and Tax functions
· Ensure overall VAT compliance in coordination with the internal Shared Service Centers, external providers and Nestlé Group Indirect Tax department
· Actively work to document and standardize VAT processes, policies and practice manuals as required, within the framework of Group policies and promote VAT/GST awareness and knowledge in the businesses through presentations, liaising with Finance and Tax teams in the markets
· Mitigate/Manage/supervise VAT Risks and improve VAT cash flow
· Manage relationships with tax consultants and regulatory authorities
· Monitor and inform where necessary IT on changes, improvements, etc. on the VAT system in SAP
· Perform VAT reviews
· Define VAT processes for new business / tenders / contracts
· Inform and train on changes to international VAT laws and their consequences
· Approve, monitor and support VAT registrations and ensure reclaim of foreign input VAT is carried out cost efficiently
· Bring any direct tax, transfer pricing, customs and master data issues to the attention of the competent business function
· 8-10 years of experience in a pan-European VAT advisory role in a big4 company, a large multinational or international professional organization
· University degree in law, accountancy or equivalent
· Good technical knowledge on European and international Indirect Taxes
· Indirect tax experience in tax effective supply chain / central procurement set-up
· Good systems aptitude and familiarity with SAP and preferably Taxmarc
· Knowledge on other indirect taxes (Excise, Green Taxes, Food Taxes, Customs) is a plus
· Willingness to travel
· Excellent written and spoken English required and any other European language
Show us that you have good Indirect Taxes knowledge and desire to exceed expectations. You are an effective team player, with ability to initiate and implement change, and demonstrate a problem solving approach. You have excellent work ethic, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply.
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago.
We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset.