Ref #: 5567927
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children’s, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
This position will be supporting the Indirect Tax function partnering with IT, GL and other business functions and acting as the custodian of automated and robust compliance processes in the areas of VAT and Intrastat.
Responsibility for the support of compliance obligations in connection with VAT and Intrastat reporting in EMEA and APAC.
Support to Business Internal Clients:
· Finance Operations (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Sales Audit)
· Credit Control
· Supply Chain
· Information Technologies
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Indirect Tax (around 70 VAT registrations in approx. 40 countries in Europe and APAC)
· Advice on Import and Export transactions into and out of EMEA and APAC
· Coordinate within the VAT department for the correct and timely processing of all compliance obligations for VAT and Intrastat.
· Provide ad hoc advice in relation with correct application of VAT rules. Assistance during VAT audits
· Ensure VAT filings (returns, Intrastat reports, ECSL) are timely and duly completed in the most efficient manner
· Monitor adherence to VAT best practices across RL EMEA and APAC Organization
· Regularly monitor VAT law changes and support ERP Systems updates acting as a key partner on the automation of the Indirect Tax Compliance functions
· Support the roll-out of Avalara, including the planning, implementation and post-implementation phases
· Maintain indirect tax processes in SAP and other IT systems, including root cause analysis, process improvements and the updating of manuals and documentation
· Guidance in setting and monitoring VAT SOX and SAO controls
· Support the Tax function in the area of VAT compliance in connection with the implementation of new distribution models
· In general, support Indirect Tax compliance with a proactive approach identifying potential opportunities for RL organization
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
· Excellent international VAT knowledge
· Experience in dealing with International Trade issues
· General knowledge of European Tax Environment
· Computer proficiency: Experience in Excel essential, Access would be a plus
· Knowledge of tax compliance and reporting software solutions (e.g: Avalara, OneSource)
· Experience with implementing Indirect Tax solutions within SAP environment
· Good understanding of IT systems and ability to work with IT analysts and Project Managers
· Analytical mind and ability to logically interpret and challenge financial information
· Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing environments
· Accounting and/or audit experience is essential, and a recognized accounting degree or qualification is a plus
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role or in a Big 4 tax consultancy firm
· Fluent English and French speaker with additional language skills desirable (German, Italian, any other language being a plus)
Ralph Lauren is dedicated to providing a comfortable and consciously inclusive work environment for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.