Ref #: 5569375
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children’s, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
This position will be accountable for Indirect Tax in EMEA, LATAM and APAC and support International Trade Global Compliance function on Customs related matters.
Responsibility for the efficient and effective management of compliance obligations in connection with VAT and Intrastat reporting in Europe and Switzerland.
Support to Business Internal Clients:
· Finance Operations (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Sales Audit)
· Credit Control
· Sales Operations
· Supply Chain
· Information Technologies
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Indirect Tax (around 70 VAT registrations in approx. 30 countries in Europe and 10 countries in Asia Pacific)
· Lead the transformation and automation of EMEA and APAC Indirect Tax Function
· Coordinate within the VAT department in European HQ for the correct and timely processing of all compliance obligations for VAT and Intrastat.
· Provide ad hoc advice to business partners in relation to correct application of VAT rules. Assistance during VAT audits
· Ensure VAT filings (returns, Intrastat reports, ECSL) are timely and duly completed in the most efficient manner
· Monitor compliance with VAT best practices across RL EMEA and APAC Organization
· Regularly monitor VAT law changes and ensure ERP Systems are updated accordingly
· Provide VAT and Customs advice to the business in a clear and concise manner
· Support the business by creating efficient processes and guiding on VAT efficient structures
· Guidance in setting and monitoring of VAT SOX controls
· Identification of process improvement opportunities
· Training and development of new and existing staff
· Explore opportunities for efficiencies in VAT compliance in particular in connection with new distribution models
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
· Excellent international VAT knowledge
· Experience in dealing with International Trade issues in relation to Italian businesses
· General knowledge of European Tax Environment
· Computer proficiency: Experience in Excel essential, Access would be a plus
· Knowledge of tax compliance and reporting software solutions (e.g: Avalara, Sovos, Vertex, OneSource)
· Experience with implementing Indirect Tax solutions within SAP environment
· Good understanding of IT systems and ability to work with IT analysts and Project Managers
· Analytical mind and ability to logically interpret and challenge financial information
· Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing environments
· Accounting and/or audit experience is essential, and a recognized accounting degree or qualification is a plus
· Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role or in a Big 4 tax consultancy firm
· Fluent in English with additional language skills desirable (German, French, any other language being a plus)
Ralph Lauren is dedicated to providing a comfortable and consciously inclusive work environment for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.