This position will support the European Tax Director and the Corporate Tax Dept. located in the US, to ensure that the EMEA corporate tax structure continues to be an efficient, effective, and compliant structure that is capable of supporting the growth potential (both organic and via acquisitions) of the company.
This position will be requested to support the annual FAS 109 (Accounting for Income Taxes) requirements of the company in the EMEA region, as well as maintain contemporaneous transfer pricing documentation for the group’s intercompany transactions.
In addition this position will support the European Tax Director and the Corporate Tax Dept. located in the US, on all planning and project related opportunities for the EMEA region, also making sure that all existing local and foreign tax rulings and holidays are properly complied with and accurately reported for tax purposes.
The individual is expected to have effective professional working relationships within the organization across many different functional groups (e.g., finance, treasury, legal, etc.). The individual is also expected to have close working relationships with external advisors.
Key Management Responsibilities
· The individual will be involved in accounting for income taxes (FAS No. 109) for the EMEA Group Legal Entities.
· The individual will support the European Tax Director in coordinating transfer pricing compliance and documentation across EMEA region.
· The individual will support the activities related to any local tax audit .
· The individual will support the European Tax Manager and the Corporate Tax Dept. located in the US, in all major strategic and planning related initiatives originating in EMEA.
Key Strategic Responsibilities
· Work together with local management to ensure that Mergers and Acquisitions planning and post-acquisition integration planning are aligned with the company’s business operations and efficient from a corporate tax perspective.
· Proactively pursue or help to identify any EMEA tax planning opportunity for the company.
General Areas of Responsibility
· Build strong, sustainable relationships and effectively communicate with cross-functional groups in Europe, including: finance, treasury, legal, and operations.
· Work with local financial controllers and financial shared service center to support tax audits and tax inquiries.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
· 5+ years of European tax experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent. Chartered Accountant or advanced degree a plus
· Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Strong team player with ability to collaborate with numerous functional groups
· Extended work hours (as necessary) to meet deadlines
· International travel is required
VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, and Dickies®. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.