At Kuoni Tumlare, we create truly inspiring travel experiences that go beyond expectations. Proudly part of the JTB Corporation, we curate and deliver group travel, and meetings, incentives, congresses, and events.
Trading under the brands JTB, Kuoni Global Travel Services, Tumlare Destination Management, Kuoni Destination Management, Kuoni Congress and Conference & Touring, our 3,000 plus team members are located across 34 countries throughout Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Americas.
As a VAT Accountant / Specialist, you are mainly responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual VAT declarations for Switzerland and Germany (before the law changes to TOMS, expected in 2020) in compliance with local tax law and requirements. Further to that you support the general ledger team with other accounting tasks such as posting payroll journals, payroll reconciliation etc.
In the role of VAT Accountant / Specialist you report to the Head of Finance & Accounting of Kuoni Global Travel Services (Schweiz) AG and have close working relationships with different departments within the company. Further to that you are in close contact with our outsourced service centers in Poland and India. You are also liaising with external consultants, authorities and suppliers where required.
· Ensure timely and correct accounting procedures for Swiss and German input and output VAT including submission of corresponding VAT declarations in close alignment with the Head of Finance & Accounting
· Actively support the continuous improvement of procedures and controls in the area of VAT
· Act as a primary contact for all VAT related queries from the shared service provider and for other finance functions and ensure appropriate training and knowledge transfer
· Keep up with recent developments in the areas of VAT
· Responsible for timely processing of payroll files and reconciliation of all relevant accounts in close collaboration with the HR department and their external service provider
· Support the general ledger team in other accounting tasks.
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE YOU SHOULD HAVE
· Certificate in Finance and Accounting (e.g. “Fachausweis in Finanz- und Rechnungswesen”) or equivalent education
· At least 3 years of experience in accounting in particular in the area of Swiss VAT
· Good understanding of the accounting processes for Swiss VAT (and ideally for Germany) including VAT declarations
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel is essential. Microsoft Dynamics AX is desirable
· Good communication skills (written, spoken) in English and German.
AS A PERSON YOU ARE
· A collaborative self-starter with a hands-on-experience and a can-do-attitude
· You enjoy structural work with many interactions with various departments
· You focus on accuracy and details while working towards multiple deadlines
· Positive and open-minded, but also critically challenging existing processes and practices
· You like to work in an international company within a young and dynamic team.
Location: Zürich Oerlikon
Starting date: immediately
If you are matching those requirements and are interested in a new challenge, we are looking forward to receiving your full application (incl. cover letter, certificates and reference letters) via our online recruiting tool.
Note that only direct applicants are accepted for this role.