Job ID 496298BR
We are seeking a Corporate Tax Manager to join our EMEA Tax team based in Hammersmith on a fixed-term basis (12 months).
The Corporate Tax Manager will support Director EMEA Corporate Tax on UK compliance, tax accounting and reporting processes, preparing supporting schedules for tax calculations, provisions, transfer pricing, forecasts and tax audit requirements.
This role will require a highly motivated tax professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills who wishes to pursue a career in a growing and dynamic global organisation.
Tax Accounting, Reporting and Forecasting:
· Preparing detailed quarterly UK and EMEA profit estimates and tax forecasts using a variety of data sources and adjustments.
· Liaising with US Corporate Tax regarding the prepared UK and EMEA forecast calculations, which will be used directly in the Global Tax Forecast and Group reporting and understanding the implications
· Prepare the quarterly UK corporate tax payment calculations using forecast and actuals data liaising directly with EMEA Controller.
· Complete the quarterly and annual US GAAP tax provision reporting requirements for UK entities and oversee certain EMEA territories reporting
· Collate documentation across EMEA to meet US and group tax compliance requirements
· Assist EMEA corporate tax team in improving compliance and reporting processes and procedures
Tax Accounting and Direct Tax Compliance – Film Production entities:
· Review corporate and deferred tax calculations for all UK Studio entities company statutory accounts including required note disclosures prepared by external advisers
· Review Tax credit and Corporate tax computations and returns working with external advisers as appropriate
· Liaise with US Studio Tax and US Studio Finance teams
· Ensure all UK claims and elections made on a timely basis
· Track tax attributes of production companies
Tax Accounting & Reporting – non studio entities:
· Preparing corporate and deferred tax calculations for UK company statutory accounts including required note disclosures
· Point of contact for the external and internal auditors in tax matters
Direct Tax Compliance – non studio entities:
· with the outsourced provider for the preparation of computations for UK and Ireland including providing relevant information and reviewing the draft computations.
· Assisting with HMRC enquiries
· Managing and improving withholding tax.
· Actively reviewing compliance and reporting processes suggesting and implementing improvements.
· Review and monitor all US/UK intercompany arrangements including review of quarterly Parent Company Share (PCS) and royalty calculations performed by Shared Accounting teams
· Be pro-actively involved in the calculation of and/or review the adjustments to the PCS due to a variety of intercompany agreements and arrangements
· Provide support for all intercompany recharges as required by US tax and advisors, including information to help in dealings with the UK, US and EMEA tax authorities.
· Supporting the EMEA and US tax teams and the wider finance team on any ad-hoc tasks and advisory projects
· Qualified ACA (and CTA a plus)
· Technically strong corporate tax accounting with thorough understanding of UK and US GAAP tax reporting requirements
· Significant UK tax compliance experience
· Experience of working in a multinational and media sector a plus