The future of transportation is already here. Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide.
Based in the Birmingham office and reporting to the UK & Ireland Tax Director the role will provide in-house UK & Ireland subject matter expertise across the various business divisions and functions on tax, focused predominately on ensuing the company meets its indirect and employment tax compliance requirements with some tax advisory aspects as required.
The role will be responsible for ensuring the UK & Ireland companies meet their tax filings and other tax obligations including;
· Tax compliance and preparing indirect and employment tax related returns
· Overseeing preparation of corporation tax returns by external advisors
· Proposing any relevant tax payments and seeking appropriate authorisations
· Supporting the business and functions in respect to tax issues
· Ensure tax process, procedures and controls are adhered to
· Support on communication with HMRC
· Support the Senior Accounting Officer process and ensure compliance
· Provide ad hoc tax support on projects as required
· To comply with, undertake and promote all relevant Environment, Health & Safety measures, responsibilities and activitie
· The post holder would be expected to be CTA / ATT and/or ACA qualified
· Direct and indirect tax experience
· Understanding of employment tax rules and HMRC guidance
· Understanding of the formal Senior Accounting Officer responsibilities and compliance requirements
· Finance systems experience (SAP & Concur)
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
· Strong organisation skills
· Self motivated, proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
At Alstom Transport, we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and help drive our organisation forward. In the UK and Ireland, we are striving to be an employer that delivers on equality and diversity in the workplace. We do this by seeking to create an inclusive, fair and respectful environment for all our current and future employees. As a 'Disability Committed' employer, we will interview all disabled job applicants who match the essential criteria of the job description/specification.