Reference number: 00087483
An opportunity has arisen to join the VAT Team at the European Finance Service Centre based at Jubilee House in Derby. The objective of the VAT Team is to provide Indirect tax compliance services, including preparation and submission of VAT returns for Rolls-Royce in various tax jurisdictions.
Finance makes an invaluable contribution to our strategic development, decision-making and improvement initiatives. You work closely with stakeholders across Rolls-Royce, as well as with our global supply chain.
This is an exciting time to join Rolls Royce.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
· You will be responsible for undertaking miscellaneous VAT analyses and reconciliations, preparing VAT returns and understanding the key rules and assumptions underlying their preparation. You will co-ordinate the submission of returns to multiple tax authorities.
· You will be reviewing and recommending improvements to the quality of transactional data feeding from SAP and Baan. You will understand the risks and controls in the preparation of returns and you will ensure the accuracy of data and information in the VAT reporting.
· You will also manage the reclaims of overseas VAT on purchases and employee expenses, which involves working with an external service provider. You will support wider projects and initiatives, which require VAT analysis.
· You will also be a point of contact on day to day issues for transactional VAT Advice to FSC Departments, on internal queries and for coaching and educating the business in known issues of VAT Transaction non compliance.
· Solid experience in a VAT compliance role (transactional VAT advisory experience is desirable).
· Strong accounting, numerical and analytical skills.
· Detailed working knowledge of VAT compliance and reporting.
· Strong business and financial acumen.
· Experience of working in a large business with complex transactions, including overseas trading would be advantageous.
Flexible working will be considered for this role e.g. job-share; part-time or flexi-time in line with country options.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create momentum. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer