Job reference: R-024911
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
An opportunity for a tax professional has become available as AstraZeneca transitions its existing Global Tax Strategy and Partnering (“GTSP”) team to its new global headquarters in Cambridge.
The GTSP team is a solely advisory team, responsible for the development and execution of tax strategy and business partnering. The team currently consists of 12 tax professionals based primarily in the UK, Sweden and the United States.
The GTSP team is part of the Group Finance function and works closely with the Global Tax Operations (‘GTO’) and Transfer Pricing ("TP") teams. The Global Tax team is recognised both externally and internally as a high performing team winning numerous awards including the International Tax Review’s European In-House Team of the Year for both direct tax and transfer pricing in recent years.
In this role you will be a key member of the GTSP team and wider AstraZeneca business, being involved in international project work comprising the development and execution of tax strategy, transfer price policy implementation, M&A work, structuring projects, treasury matters and global licensing deals. You will also have responsibility for managing the tax relationship with a number of markets including support on tax audits, licensing and supply chain issues. Key accountabilities in the role are to:
· Provide effective tax support on global licensing deals and collaborations, M&A work and structuring projects.
· Manage a portfolio of markets in respect of ad-hoc advisory matters and international tax audit management.
· Provide strategic guidance regarding tax and business efficient supply chains.
· Work with the business to identify and manage tax risks and identify opportunities for tax savings and efficiencies
· Work closely with members of the GTO team to manage tax risk, reporting and compliance implications of projects.
· Manage ad-hoc projects as appropriate
Essential Skills and Experience
· Qualified accountant and/or tax professional, ideally spent in an advisory capacity either in a Big Four, or industry position on a par with AstraZeneca.
· Strong technical capability with detailed knowledge of UK and international tax.
· Experience of transfer pricing desirable but not essential.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstration of the following AZ leadership capabilities: Drives Performance, Acts Decisively, Thinks Strategically, Passion for Customers, Works Collaboratively
· Ability to manage and progress numerous actions in a coordinated and organised manner.
· Strong analytical and research skills, and ability to use IT effectively.
You will report to the Tax Director within the GTSP team but will be expected to work autonomously on a variety of projects.
Key relationships include
· Global Tax Team in UK, Sweden and the US
· Key functional finance staff across the global organisation e.g. R&D, Operations, Commercial, Business Development.
· Key non-finance business contacts in both the UK and overseas e.g. Legal
The role offers exposure to a broad range of international tax issues within a truly multinational corporation. Depending upon ambition and experience this position can be a stepping-stone towards greater responsibility within the GTSP team, a role in the GTO team or a position within other areas of the Global Finance function.
To be successful, you will need to have the following capabilities:
· Drives Performance: Sets high personal standards. Seeks to continuously improve to meet changing business needs. Able to proactively identify and deliver efficiency improvements. Ability to see the whole picture including patterns and trends and to draw these into creative solutions. A mindset focused on solutions rather than concerns.
· Acts Decisively: Ability to make effective decisions within role without unnecessarily seeking permission, when under pressure and in the absence of complete information.
· Thinks Strategically: Strong strategic thinker. Ability to use knowledge of the business to identify and take action on key issues relating to the role and ability to generate and drive ideas. Quickly identifying and acting on opportunities, searching for solutions and combining forethought with action.
· Passion for Customers: Proactively engages with stakeholders to understand business context, identify critical issues and opportunities and develop practical solutions to business issues.
· Works collaboratively: Ability to communicate effectively and explain complex tax issues to non-tax / non-finance colleagues, including those for whom English is a second language. Strong team ethic and ability to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recruitment end date - 23rd April 2018