Job reference: R-016978
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Tax Manager in Cambridge you’ll play a pivotal role in supporting our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The Tax team is part of the Corporate Finance function and is organised into two teams: GTO and Global Tax Strategy & Planning (GTSP) which work closely together. The Global Tax team is recognised both externally and internally as a high performing team.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to gain experience in UK corporation tax and transfer pricing within a multinational corporation working with different senior stakeholders on a variety of projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful role holder will act as a UK Tax Compliance Manager within the Global Tax Operations (GTO) team. You will support the Director of Group Reporting & UK Compliance in ensuring that our UK tax obligations are met in respect UK corporate tax compliance and transfer pricing. You will primarily be responsible for the UK transfer pricing and compliance with UK international tax matters and AZ’s UK patent box and R&D Above the line (ATL) credit claims. The GTO team comprises over 40 people based in UK, US and Sweden spanning direct, indirect and payroll tax compliance and reporting.
Focus and Challenge
You will form part of the GTO team and support the Director of Group Reporting & UK Compliance to ensure UK statutory tax requirements are met around transfer pricing and other international tax matters and assess the impact of changes in tax legislation. Key accountabilities in the role are to:
· Manage preparation of AZ’s UK patent box and R&D ATL credit claims ensuring benefit maximised. Manage other UK tax compliance processes as required.
· Manage AZ’s CFC review and assist with review of new and international tax issues including international movement of capital review.
· Preparation of representations to the UK Government on corporate tax policy and administration including responses to HMRC/HM Treasury consultations.
· Manage submissions to HMRC in relation to transfer pricing, including APA filing obligations and CBCR filings
· Play an active role as part of the Group Tax Reporting process
· Work closely with members of the Global Tax Strategy & Planning Team to provide UK tax input into tax strategy and manage tax risk, reporting and compliance implications of projects.
· Work closely with Global Business Service teams to ensure that processes and information is fit for purpose to meet our tax filings.
· Respond to HMRC queries into areas of responsibility.
· Provide day-to-day advice to the UK business.
· Implement process improvements to our compliance and transfer pricing processes.
· Manage SAO process and ensure SAO compliance.
· Qualified accountant or tax professional with significant tax experience
· Detailed working knowledge of UK tax issues and transfer pricing. Operational experience of implementation of transfer pricing policies would be helpful.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage and progress numerous actions in a coordinated and organised manner. Ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Strong analytical and research skills, and ability to use IT effectively.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.