We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
Responsible for reviewing all SEU VAT returns in 26 countries from third party outsource business provider whilst minimising potential VAT liability.
Provide SEU approval for all VAT compliance reports (VAT returns, EC sales lists, intrastats (ad hoc reports as required by local legislation) to third party business provider to ensure VAT return deadlines and compliance with VAT SOX processes.
Manage the SLA and KPI engagement with third party outsource provider to ensure that all compliance deadlines are met. Look for continuous improvement in the process.
Provide effective VAT advice to colleagues in the business on VAT implications for business flows, structuring and other issues as required.
Identify, test and implement efficiencies in the system to minimise VAT costs to Sony. Provide testing support to new projects in SAP.
Deliver training to business divisions, according to need; to ensure reporting information flowing to VAT team is as accurate as possible.
Raise awareness of the importance and relevance of VAT within the business.
Take responsibility in assisting the European VAT team meet ongoing objectives of compliance, risk management and VAT efficiencies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES, SCOPE FOR DECISION MAKING, DELIVERABLES:
Finance Leadership & Management
· Manage local accountants/finance analysts with local tasks
· Promote an environment based on trust, respect, teamwork, initiative and innovation
· Deliver financially accurate financial information, compliance, efficiency, proactive finance support and technical expertise to internal customers
Indirect Tax Compliance (VAT)
· Manage the complete outsource compliance process to ensure all VAT compliance deadlines are met.
· Review and ensure all queries raised by the third party outsource business provider and closed correctly
· Provide SEU VAT management approval to outsource business provider in timely manual to ensure that the VAT compliance deadlines can be met
· Manage and ensure all payments are made within the deadlines set by local tax authorities
· Manage the effective responses and support the business during VAT audits for designated VAT registrations
· Undertake reconciliation of VAT Returns to SAP ERP GL Codes in designated regions, investigating and resolving any differences
· Prepare and submit any voluntary disclosures to relevant tax authorities as required
· Supervise tac code approvals for manual invoices, credit notes and recharges
· Liaise with business divisions/corporate finance to review VAT account balances
· Work directly with third parties such as outsourcer, advisory firms to manage effectively relationships, expectations and costs.
Indirect Tax Advisory (VAT)
· Provide complete, accurate and timely VAT advice to colleagues in the business to ensure VAT effective operation, including advice on contracts, business structures etc
· Carry out ad hoc projects to review selected business activities and processes to manage VAT risks. Document findings and distribute to wider VAT network within Sony.
· Conduct frequent visits to local offices to maintain relationship and knowledge management;
· Identify, document, test and review the VAT treatment of business flows as required , including liaising with VAT systems analyst and supporting testing of changes or new business flow implementations
Financial / Technical
· Ensure all finance and commercial activities comply with the effective application of agreed Sony Corporate Accounting Policy, SOX control procedures and governance systems
· Comply with document retention policy in accordance with CoE legal requirements
· Build, maintain and leverage internal customer network to create positive working relationships
· Collaborate with VAT and business colleagues to ensure efficient and effective support to the business needs
· Collaborate with European Process Owners, Local Finance teams and Outsource provider
· Manage relationships, quality control and costs of external advisors.
· Identify and recommend process improvements to continually improve performance of FOE and outsourced VAT financial processes and transactions
· Keep abreast of and understand the implications for all VAT legal changes relevant to designated VAT registrations and the implications for the business.
· Design and deliver relevant training to improve VAT understanding within the business, assisted by VAT Analyst.
· Maintain up-to-date VAT knowledge, using Sony in-house VAT training workshops; updates from advisors and other sources, including reading and understanding the main principles arising from current VAT case-law
· Accounting skills
· General appreciation of VAT and its implications for the business
· Experience of working across a European business within multi-cultural working environment
· Experience of blue chip corporate environment
· Experience of consensus based decision making
· Expertise in Indirect Tax compliance
· Experience of SAP ERP System
· Experience and / or understanding of consumer & business technology industry
· Excellent English language (written and spoken)
· Additional language skills would be preferred but not essential
· Willingness to travel within Europe as job requires
Our mission is simple. We aim to inspire and fulfill curiosity across the globe. We want to be responsible for getting hearts racing, stirring ambition, and putting a smile on the faces of our customers. That challenge, combined with our spirit of innovation, motivates us to create groundbreaking technology, entertainment, and services for people worldwide. Our history as a global brand has been built around employees that all have a passion for touching peoples' lives, and pride in pushing beyond the status quo to produce truly extraordinary results.