Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
This role has been created following the increase of transfer pricing and other tax compliance globally. This role’s purpose is to assist in the analysis and preparation of data for the Transfer Pricing documentation sets, but also support other projects within the team. The person in this position will be working with the Transfer Pricing Manager primarily, but may assist other members of the Tax Team. This role will provide the opportunity to proactively work with numerous departments globally including but not limited to HR, Legal, Business Intelligence and Finance and simultaneously meet numerous stakeholders’ needs and requirements in the realm of tax.
· Assist in the preparation of group Masterfile, including the company overview, and industry analysis.
· Assist in the preparation of the transfer pricing reports for Burberry local entities
· Assisting with the benchmarking process (using the Bureau van Dijk software TP Catalyst) internally and with external Advisors reviews
· Assist in the preparation and analysis of transfer pricing data in support of the documentation sets
· Liaise with various departments throughout HR, Legal, Regional Finance Teams, Company Secretary, Business Intelligence, Regional Project Teams and the Business Support Services centre, to understand and document transfer pricing relationships for the Transfer Pricing team.
· Assist to identify new opportunities to standardize and/or prepare the data sets in a more effective manner.
· Investigating new transactions between legal entities globally for existing and new transfer pricing relationships
· Assist in reviewing transfer pricing calculations within local statutory accounts and highlight any deviations from transfer pricing agreements
· Assist the TP documentation manager with the development and management of the project plan of the preparation of the documentation.
· Provide analysis, support and explanations to various departments’ queries on transfer pricing relationships and calculations
· Assist with explanations for external auditors relating to transfer pricing calculations
· Assist in the monthly review of transfer prices in the transfer pricing engine
· Supporting with other ad hoc project as required
· Assist the rest of the team in peak activities that could be outside of the immediate remit
· Experience with transfer pricing, preferably dealing with TP documentation. Experience with financial reporting or tax is a distinct advantage
· Part qualified (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
· Excellent MS Excel skills are essential (including Pivots, VLookups, Macros)
· Good SAP skills are essential
· Proven accountancy experience
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Experience of a fast paced business environment
· Experience dealing with multi-national companies and cross-border transactions
· Experience manipulating large data sets
· Experience with Statutory Accounts and Local GAAP adjustments
· Capable of finding and analysing relevant information, identifying key issues and writing findings clearly and to the point.
· Interest in Tax/Finance (and perhaps Transfer Pricing), Project Management & Business Partnering will be beneficial.
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
· Flexible to assist the rest of the team in peak season with work outside of the normal remit.
· Independent worker with a proactive approach to problem solving under the direction of the Transfer Pricing Manager.