Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The major part of this interim role will be the day to day management of the global transfer pricing documentation project. This role will provide the opportunity to proactively work with numerous departments globally and external advisors.
· Develop sound understanding of Burberry’s existing transfer pricing policies and their application to the Burberry business.
· Working with colleagues to ensure all intercompany policies and transactions are captured as part of the global transfer pricing project and consideration of how they should be priced.
· The person will be responsible for developing and managing the project plan and drafting TP documentation for certain countries and reviewing transfer pricing reports/sections prepared in house by the TP Documentation Assistant Manager.
· Work in conjunction with the Americas tax team to assist where necessary in the preparation of TP documentation for US, Canada and Mexico and ensure minimal duplication of effort and consistency of output (common sections on the Group; industry and transactions with the UK).
· Determine methodologies to evidence and support transfer pricing policies e.g. TNMM; gross margin and cost plus together with scoping local and regional benchmarking requirements. Completion of regional benchmarking searches prepared in house using licensed benchmarking software (TP Catalyst) for all relevant transactions and review of some searches performed by the TP Documentation Assistant Manager. Commissioning and management of benchmarking exercises by advisors where required.
· Work with the TP Documentation Assistant Manager to review the transfer pricing information returns of all the companies of the group to ensure consistency with TP documentation, and assist to define a policy to review them every year in the future.
· Review reports prepared by the TP Documentation Assistant Manager to support the provision of Group Services reporting.
· Working with the TP Documentation Assistant Manager in the refinement of a group and local functional analyses and the production of a written up functional analysis to be inserted into TP documentation.
· Reviewing the Group’s Transfer Pricing Engine – the tool used to intercompany product prices.
· Liaising with and managing a team of external advisors in relation to the review of deliverables, management of external fees and working with them for ad-hoc transfer pricing technical queries.
· Monitoring group’s transfer pricing policies and ensuring ongoing changes are reflected and updated appropriately in the TP documentation.
· Monitoring and advising on overseas documentation requirements with the central and regional tax teams.
· Assist the rest of the team in peak activities that could be outside of the immediate remit.
· Extensive transfer pricing experience including global core documentation projects. Experience of the retail/consumer goods sector is an advantage.
· Experience in performing and reviewing regional and global benchmarking searches.
· Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and corporate tax experience is desirable but not essential.
· Graduate ideally in Economics, Business, Finance or Accountancy.
· Proven team management skills.
· Experienced in delegating to and training junior members of a team.
· Excellent project management and organisational skills.
· Experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast paced business environment.
· Strong knowledge of latest developments in relation to BEPS, especially Action 13
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid research skills and ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
· Flexible to assist the rest of the team in peak season with work outside of the normal remit.