Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world’s largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we’ve built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
We're Teva, a global pharmaceutical company, committed to increasing access to high-quality healthcare to patients around the world.
We estimate that Teva provides medicines to 200 million patients around the world every day.1
We develop, produce and market affordable generic medicines, as well as innovative and specialty pharmaceuticals and over-the-counter consumer healthcare products, along with supplying active pharmaceutical ingredients to nearly 1,000 customers in over 100 countries.1
We work tirelessly to transform science, research and patient insights into effective treatments for disorders of the central nervous system, pain and respiratory conditions
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Tax Accountant to join our Castleford team,
As Tax accountant you will ideally have a strong corporate tax and VAT background, however will be required to assist with all taxes applicable in the business, reporting to the UK Tax Senior Manager
· Assist in gathering the data for the preparation of the corporation tax computations for the UK entities, which is outsourced to a professional firm.
· Assist with the US GAAP accounting disclosures in HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) and supporting calculations and documentation.
· Support the statutory accounts in terms of tax disclosures and liabilities.
· Corporation tax quarterly payment calculations and liaising with HMRC where required.
· Research in to tax technical matters
· Support processes to give a clear tax governance process throughout the business, including both SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) and SAO (Senior accounting officer) reporting obligations
· Assist with Transfer pricing; policy development and implementation
Provide internal VAT/indirect taxes technical knowledge and capability. To be utilised particularly in respect of:
· Analysing accounts payable and accounts receivable reports on a monthly basis, including reconciliation of the VAT account
· Preparation/review of group entity VAT returns quarterly,
· Consideration of the existing process for the preparation of the VAT returns and to identify/implement changes to improve the process to maximise efficiency in preparation and accuracy to minimise associated risk, following the change of reporting systems
· Assisting with associated HMRC queries
· Providing assistance with ad hoc VAT queries from group members
· Assisting with implementation of VAT initiatives and working with the Europe VAT team
· Providing internal tax technical training, at the appropriate level
Assist on employment tax reporting requirements including
· PAYE settlement agreement calculations
· Short Term business visitor reporting obligations
Skills & Experience
· Previous experience as a tax accountant who has worked within similar environments in industry or practice (CTA/ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified or part qualified). Opportunity to undertake CTA exams with Teva.
· Up to date business tax knowledge
· Strong communication skills, to facilitate the clear and effective communication of tax compliance procedures across the business, and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation.
· Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
· Ability to problem solve and propose practical solutions, obtaining agreement from stakeholders
Teva’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.