Job ID GB3998
Do you want to design and set the bar for state-of-the art tax controls at the LEGO Group?
Then this is your opportunity to join our exciting journey focusing intensively on tax governance & compliance through the development of a best-in-class Tax Control Framework!
As Senior Tax Control Manager you will join our newly established Tax Process Governance team. Our mission is to lift The LEGO Group’s focus on tax governance & compliance through the development of an outstanding Tax Control Framework. In this role, you will:
· Engage with external service providers and internal tax compliance & operation teams to strive for higher control & compliance standards
· Set the bar, design and implement the tax control framework together with our Business Service Operations (BSO)
· Perform process and operational risk management and be the 2nd line of defense
· Be the link to tax operational & compliance teams and external vendors, providing technical expertise for design of processes, monitoring processes and actively closing gaps in controls
· Stay current on the latest tax developments and legislation
Play your part in our team succeeding
Global Strategic Tax & Customs reports to the CFO and is overall accountability for all taxes across The LEGO Group, including customs and indirect taxes.
Within this global function there are 5 sub-departments; Business Tax Advisory, Tax Policy & Controversy, Tax Planning & Structuring, Tax Performance & Projects and Tax Process Governance.
Beside the Global Strategic Tax & Customs team the LEGO Group has a central Tax Process Design team and 3 Tax Operation & Compliance teams all in the BSO (The LEGO Group’s shared service center set-up).
Do you have what it takes?
The successful candidate holds a Masters’ degree within accounting, tax or law from a university or business school and has acquired relevant licenses and certifications. On top, you:
· Have a minimum of 5 years of experience with an accounting firm focused on tax or from an internal corporate tax department, preferably in a multinational environment
· Have expert knowledge of tax, including development of control frameworks and risk management procedures
· Demonstrate solid IT process skills, including SAP
· Exhibit solid analytical and decision-making skills
· Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex tax concepts to tax professionals and other internal stakeholders
You are a natural self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage projects effectively. You thrive in a top professional and dynamic global team an interact efficiently and remotely with all your key stakeholders.
This role will take you travelling worldwide approx. 20 % of your time.
Join the global LEGO® family
Come and join the LEGO Family! With over 40 different nationalities across The LEGO Group, our international environment promotes individuality and inclusion and we want you to shine. We strive to leave a positive impact on our planet and run amazing initiatives through our Planet Promise, just check out at our ambitious targets and investments for sustainable LEGO bricks and wind energy to name a few. Working for The LEGO Group is more than just a job, it is a place to grow and thrive, to play a part in building a sustainable future and “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.” Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
Bringing it to life
Working in a small tax team with some of the smartest tax people in the world where it is possible to make a difference. We believe we are one of the best tax teams in the world, and we strive only for the best. This is a great opportunity to work within a fantastic organization having a great culture, with forward thinking colleagues and to play a key role in building our Tax Control Framework properly and from the start.